Here is an excellent widget that will float vertically next to your individual blog posts. These engaging buttons will allow your visitors to easily share your content on facebook, twitter, google plus, etc. The great thing about this widget is that it counts the number of times your posts are shared on each social network.
Google Buzz is a great social tool which is very similiar to Twitter and Facebook. It’s a wonderful way to engage and interact with your readers! Make sure to implement these Google Buzz buttons into your blogger posts, so that users can easily share your content on Google Buzz.
This top commenters widget is a wonderful tool for giving back to your most loyal readers. It’s a great way to inspire your constituents to keep making useful comments on your blog. The widget displays links to to the top commentators websites and can easily be implemented in your blog’s sidebar.
By default Blogger displays the blog title first, followed by the name of the post. As you might notice this is not good when it comes to SEO. It’s important for the name of the post to come before the name of your blog, especially when it comes to google search results. Learn how to make your post title show up first so that you can reel in more traffic from the search engines.
Blogger supplies every blog with the standard orange “B” blogger favicon. Having your own unique favicon is a great way to give your blogger template both a distinct and explicit brand. These small 16X16 pixel images will most definitely help your blog stand out from the rest of the blogspot blogs.
Display beautifully crafted links to Recent Posts on your blog with this widget. You can easily customize whether or not you would like to display thumbnails and post summaries for each post.
Install the Recent Post Widget on Your Blog:
This widget is very simple to install. Just simply click the button below to choose which blog you would like to implement it on.
How to Customize the Widget
Replace http://feeds.feedburner.com/theblogwidgets with your site’s feed.
- The Recent Post Titles
- Display Post Thumbnails
- Choose which blog posts to display (choose URL).
- Display Post Summaries
- Length of Summaries
- Display Post Date
- Number of Posts do Display
- Determine height
This widget is perfect for blogspot users who desire a simple tag cloud for their Categories. The Labels Cloud can easily be implemented within the sidebar of your blog and will match your template wonderfully.
Steps for Implementation
Always make sure to back up your Blogger Template before doing anything else!
Step 2: The Labels Gadget
- Go to Layout >Page Elements .
- Click “Add a Gadget” and then add the “Labels” gadget.
- Now go to Layout >Edit HTML
- Make sure that the “Expand Widgets Template” box is unchecked.
- Now we need to search for the code that looks like this. Your code may look a little different. So try using your browser’s search tool to find type=’Label’.
- Once you’ve located type=’Label’, remove the whole line of code that looks just like the code mentioned in part 3 of step 3.
- Replace this code that you’ve just deleted with the code below:
Step 5: Previewing the New Tag Cloud
This widget can definitely bring some excitement to your blogger powered blog. Letting your readers surf your blog to the fullest extent by creating a link to a random post in your blog’s sidebar. Besides providing fun for your blog, hopefully your visitors will stay on your site for longer periods of time.
Installation and Customization:
- Click button below to complete Installation:
- Once you have installed the widget, you can change the link text. The default value is “View Random Post”. To change this, view the code and search for “View Random Post“, and change it to any desired text.
Those are all the steps necessary to implement the Random Post Widget to blogger. I hope you and your readers thoroughly enjoy it!
Now here is wonderful hack for displaying links to related posts beneath each of your blog posts. The related articles are chosen from other posts in that same category/label/tag. With this hack many of your readers will remain on your site for longer periods of time when they see related posts of interest.
Preview of Related Posts Links:
- Search for this line of code: http://theblogtemplates.com/scripts/Related_posts_hack.js
- Replace the URL above with https://sites.google.com/site/widgetsforfree/scripts/Related_posts_hack.js
How to Add Related Posts Widget to Your Blog?
- Go to Layout >Edit HTML in your Blogger Dashboard.
- Back up your existing Template before making any changes!
- Make sure to check the “Expand Widget Templates” box.
- Search for the </head> tag.
- Add the following code just before the </head> tag.
- Now search for <data:post.body/>. In some of the templates this code may look like this
- Add the following code just beneath the code you just searched for.
<b:if cond=’data:blog.pageType == “item”‘>
<font face=’Arial’ size=’3′><b>Related Posts : </b></font><font color=’#FFFFFF’><b:loop values=’data:post.labels’ var=’label’><data:label.name/><b:if cond=’data:label.isLast != "true"’>,</b:if><b:if cond=’data:blog.pageType == "item"’>
- Now Save your Template and you’re done!
- In order to change the number of maximum related posts being displayed for each label, search for the code below (within the code given in step 7) and change the number “5” to any desired number.
If you have any questions on implementing this hack into your own blog, shoot me a comment and I’ll be glad to help!
Make sure to check out our other great Blogger Hacks as well:
Recent Posts Hack with Thumbnails; Recent Comments Hack; Sleek Search Bar
Special thanks to Real Trix!